FC AFC CFC CAFC Barracuda Blue MH
2 October 1990 – 13 February 2003
Cuda was a working retriever with an exceptional performance record and driving desire to please. He was a wonderful hunting companion as well as a uniquely successful field trial competitor who set the standard for chocolates. His outstanding athleticism and disposition provided us with great pleasure at home as well as on the field trial circuit. Cuda was raised is our home amongst children and assorted pets. His dam, Missy Blueblack, was born in our home and is a littermate to our FC AFC Rio Lago MH who qualified for twelve US Nationals and five Canadian Nationals. Cuda’s progeny include black and chocolate FC, AFC, Master Hunter and Grand Master Hunter titles.
In the spring of 1997 Cuda became the all time high point all-age Chocolate Labrador in the history of the American Kennel Club. Cuda recorded the first Chocolate Labrador Field Champion and Amateur Field Champion titles in 1996 and followed with the Canadian Field Champion and Canadian Amateur Field Champion titles in 1997 and later in 1997 the AKC Master Hunter title. These remarkable achievements are highlighted by the fact that his titles and points have all been amateur handled. Cuda qualified for four US Nationals and five Canadian Nationals and was a Finalist in the 1997 Canadian National Amateur Retriever Championship Stake.
A tribute to Cuda’s quality as a sire is his 129 AKC titled progeny and the many more CKC, NAHRA and UKC titled progeny.
Some of FC AFC CFC CAFC Barracuda Blue MH’s highlights:
- First and only Chocolate Labrador to obtain the five major field titles: Field Champion, Amateur Field Champion, Canadian Field Champion, Canadian Amateur Field Champion, Master Hunter
- First FC AFC Chocolate Labrador
- First Chocolate Labrador to qualify for the National Amateur Retriever Championship Stake
- First and only Chocolate Labrador to win two Junior Double Headers
- 35 Derby points (25 U.S. and 9 Canadian)
- Averaged 7.5 series in six Nationals
- 1997 Canadian National Amateur Finalist
- 1998 Labrador Retriever Club Specialty Limited All-Age 1st Place
- 127 AKC titled progeny
- All Points and titles are amateur handled
AKC# SM81172204 CERF# LR-6981/97-84 OFA# LR-47421G24M Thyroid normal EIC Carrier