FC AFC Cuda’s Blue Ryder MH
October 31, 1997-March 8, 2007
Ryder was a dynamic, handsome and statuesque 85 pound chocolate Labrador Retriever who has reached the pinnacle of success for Labradors of all colors in both the field trial and hunt test worlds. Ryder is the first and only male Chocolate Labrador to win a Double Header and is the first and only Chocolate Labrador National Amateur Finalist.
Perhaps his greatest attribute was his versatility as exemplified by his activities in the summer of 2003. In late June he was a Finalist in the 2003 National Amateur Retriever Club Championship Stake. A week later he was the test dog for the ESPN Great Outdoor Games Retriever Series. The next weekend he completed his sixth straight Master Hunter Qualification and earned the Master Hunter title. The week following Ryder won the Open All-Age Stake at the Sacramento Valley Retriever Club’s field trial and gained his Field Championship title.
In addition to his success as a competitor, he was a superb hunting companion with an outstanding dove, duck, goose and pheasant record. He was a loving and gentle pet who lived in our home. As a stud dog he carries and throws the warm and balanced personality of his sire FC AFC CFC CAFC Barracuda Blue MH.
His major accomplishments:
- Field Champion, Amateur Field Champion and Master Hunter (Second chocolate in history to obtain the three AKC field titles, the first being his sire Barracuda Blue)
- Winner of Double Header (Open and Amateur win on same weekend) First and only Chocolate
- Finalist in 2003 National Amateur Retriever Championship (first Chocolate Finalist)
- Qualified for 2003, 2004 National Open Retriever Club Championship Stakes
- Qualified for 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 National Amateur Retriever Club Championship Stakes
- Junior Double-Header (Ryder is one of very few Labradors of any color to win both a Double Header and a Junior Double Header
- National Derby list
- Amateur trained and handled to all titles and points
Ryder is the son of FC AFC CFC CAFC Barracuda Blue MH, in his life time the most titled chocolate in history. His dam Higher Grounds Helen Keller (Black) had numerous placing in Open stakes in a limited number of trials and is a littermate to NFC AFC Storm’s Riptide Star. Ryder represents a solid black and chocolate gene pool.
AKC# SN489896/04 CERF# LR 19854/2003–69 OFA# LR-104809G28M, LR-EL10452M28 Thyroid normal
EIC and CNM clear